Monday, December 6, 2010

The Frigid South

Man, it has been cold these last few days!! Momma DOES not like the cold....I am dreaming about somewhere tropical to spend my summers when I hit the lottery!! Plus, I have a two year old that hates wearing a jacket AND a hat so mornings have been fun around the Smith household! Um, not. Luke has definitely been a rascal this last week. He has decided his favorite thing to say is NO! And most times, it's long and drawn out like "NOOOOOO"!! He has had to have several meetings with "Mr. Bad Spoon". Luckily, Mr. Bad Spoon can usually talk him into being a nice boy. He also had decided that he needs to live on a diet of suckers, candy, and cookies. So, I had to do a little "purging" of the sugar in the house. He is just like Tom! Tom loves hard candy and so does Luke. I, on the other hand, HATE candy but can tear up a Hershey bar and most things chocolate. Luke has told me several times, "I don't yike (like) chocolate! I want canny (candy)". Weird kid!  He did something so sweet yesterday, though. I told him to look at Daddy's boo-boo (Tom has a bump on his neck that he was messing with) and Luke told him "I kiss it Daddy! I kiss your boo-boo....". Then he said, "I kiss other side...." and gave him a kiss on the other side of his face. And then he said "BIG hug" and gave him a big ol' hug! Talk about melting your heart!!!Now I see why people say that 2 can be so bad and so good at the same time. I wish he could stay this age forever. He is just growing so much and talking in full, complete sentences plus he can be fiercely independent! Where did my baby go? It seems as if I blinked and now I have a little boy instead of a baby boy. I'm kinda sad about it. I'm also a failure being that I have not gotten ANY holiday pictures made! BOO! :( I don't know what I am going to do about Christmas cards. Hopefully we will finish our tree in the next few days and I can take some shots of him by our tree. He loves to look at it and say, "Peeeetty (pretty) yights (lights)!!". I love it! Now if I can just get him to stop throwing his toys in it and almost knocking it down....

No comments:

Post a Comment