Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

What a great day I had with my little Luke and the rest of my family!! I must say, Luke looked absolutely adorable in his smocked  turkey Jon-Jon! I promised Tom that this would be the last of the Jon-Jon's....Luke is a big boy now so no more cute lil' babyish outfits. Boo. I wish I could just freeze time right now and keep him at this exact age. He is so much fun right now!!!! His personality (crazy-man) is coming out full-force and he is just FULL of life!! I don't know what was in the food we ate today, but let me tell you, when he woke up from his nap he was on FIRE!! Hell on wheels, that little boy!! Running around, playing, screaming, yelling, messing with the dogs....he was nuts! In a good way....just out of control and had me and Tom laughing our heads off! He was so chatty today. Some of the cute things he has been saying are "Careful, Go-Go" (he says this to our dog SoJo for absolutely no reason...he has just heard me say 'careful, Luke' so many times! HA!), and " 'Pell Luke (spell Luke), 'pell Mommy, 'pell Dadday....and so on and so on.... He has us spell out pretty much everyone we know on his little writing pad thingy. Oh, one of the SWEETEST things he is saying now is "Aya doin' mommy?" (Whatch'a doing mommy) when he comes up to me if I am busy doing something. Melts my heart. Seriously. And tonight he wanted to call 'Aunt Chele so we did and he actually TALKED to her!!! He is usually just so shy on the phone and won't say anything. Did I mention that Luke is obsessed with his aunt? Well, he is. Like, majorly loves her and his "unc chris". He gets in the car and says over and over and over and over (you get the picture, right?) "I want Aunt Chele/Unc Chris" like 42,000 times. It's enough to make me want to jump out of the moving car. Well, not really, but heavens it wears on me after a while! And when the kid wants you to get up, he wants you to get up! Of course, he says it like, "Geet up Mommy/Daddy/Gandma/Nonna/Samson.....". It's really cute till he starts pushing you off your seat if you won't get up!! HA!
It was a great Thanksgiving this year even though we were saddened by the news that my nephew Michael has leukemia. Very scary. He spent Thanksgiving in a hospital room at UAB but he was surrounded by all his family and friends from church. Plus, my nieces' work sent them a full turkey dinner to the hospital! I wanted to bring them some food but my sis' said they were taken care of....We will go see him tomorrow and love on him!  He started his treatment today and I have no doubt that he will beat this and use it as part of his testimony.  Just out of the blue, people.....anything can happen to the ones we love in an instant. Be sure to love on your family even when it's hard and they irritate you (trust me, I know...have you met some of my family?? ha ha!). I look at Tom and Luke and they are my world. Oh, don't get me wrong....there are about 1700 things about Tom that I would change if I could, but I say that knowing there is about 1900 things about me he would change if he could. But, we love each other, are committed to each other, and we are very committed to raising a good son -- not a perfect son because that is only found in Jesus, but a son that is honorable, confident, respectful, loving, helpful, unafraid, and humble. For Luke and God's great blessing on his little life, I am THANKFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment