Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where the tiger bites Luke....

So, funny story of today. I was folding clothes on the floor this morning and I had National Geographic's Wild Kingdom on the TV. Luke was playing but then a leopard caught his eye. He stopped and watch the leopard climb up a tree and he yelled, "TIGER!!!". I said, "no baby, that is a leopard....kinda like a tiger...but, not". He growled at it (giggling) and then the leopard (who was a momma looking for her cub) growled this low rumbling sound. Luke threw his hands up to his chest and yelled "OHHHH.... tiger bite!!!"!! He ran to me holding his chest like he had been bitten!! I laughed soooo hard! It made my morning. He's such a character. His new thing now is when we are playing "ball" he will stand there holding the ball and ask, "ready??". Apparently I had been saying this to him all along while we play ball. "Luke, are you ready?? Here comes the ball!" and he totally picked up on it! Precious! One last thing before I forget. He loves to say "I fix it" whenever he sees something that might be broken (especially electronics). We sold an entertainment center to my MIL and there was an old radio in the bottom drawer of it. Luke takes it out, plugs it in (danger, danger Grace Adler! for all my Will & Grace fans out there) and announces "I FIX IT!!" Now, the only question is how to keep him away from plugs...we have the covers on them but the dang kid is so smart & strong he can pull them out. Say a prayer for us!

On a mommy note, I had a BLAST with Kelly, James, and Jason last night! Wine, sitting on the back deck and talking WAY too inappropriate for people our ages....I didn't get home till almost 1! And I loved every moment of it! I must try to work in more "me" time like that. It's good for the sanity. But, it's even better to wake up in the morning to a 2 year old with nothing on but a diaper sitting on the couch with his little legs crossed over each other reading a book! And when he looks up at me and says "MOMMY!" with the sweetest smile on his face, I am sure that all is right with the universe and I thank my lucky stars that God chose me to be his mommy!!!

Also, I want to share this quote from a blog that I am addicted to. Flythroughourwindow.com
I read Darby's posts all the time and she always seems as if she has that perfect balance of motherhood and spending time with family/friends. I feel like I know her and would love to meet her one day. She is a twin, she is beautiful, has beautiful kids, and great home and a hot husband. A really hot husband. She is the kind of woman you want to hate because everything looks on the surface absolutely perfect but she never ever puts up a fake front. She will straight up show you a picture of her kitchen when her kids have destroyed it!! Plus, she seems so dang sweet, you have to love her!
Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment