Friday, November 12, 2010

Weather days rock!! :)

Today I did not have to work today (can I get a woot, woot) and my plan was to not set an alarm and to sleep very, very late. Yeah, right. It seems that I now have a human alarm clock. Luke was up bright and early yelling "mommmmyyyyy" which is really cute. Except at 7 AM. On a day that I don't have to work. I let him yell my name for a few minutes in the hopes that he might just drift back off to sleep. But, alas, I turned and looked at him on the video monitor and there he was. Just jumping up and down in his bed holding no less than 20
pap-paps (ok, it was really only 4 pacis...) and yelling for me to come get him. So I did. And I fixed him an oatmeal bar with nutella on it and he was in carb heaven for a while! He loves loves loves nutella!! Best stuff ever! I will never tell him it is just hazelnut spread because he thinks he is just getting chocolate.....ha! We stayed in our PJ's for a while and then hit the store where I bought a bunch of crap I didn't need just because it was cheap. Then Aunt 'Chele and Uncle Chris came over, we ordered pizza (carb heaven again) and Luke acted like a wild man!! He was so excited to see them he was running around like he was on baby crack! His new 'thing' is to jump and and down or run around and then just BUST it on the floor. The kid loves to fall. On purpose. Weird, right? Later, we actually took a nap together which is really strange because my kid hates to sleep with me. You know how parents get all frustrated because their kid only wants to sleep with them in their bed? Well, I get frustrated because Luke has never even wanted to take a nap with me or his dad (except for those 4 months when he came home from the hospital and he slept on my chest while I slept on the recliner. real comfortable, right? but I was a paranoid new mommy....). He usually only wants his bed!! I think he likes his space! So today was really special with him all snuggled up with me in bed. I loved it. Then, a quick visit to "gand-ma's" ended our night. I felt like a stay-at-home mommy today and decided that I could get used to that idea. My bank account, however, could not. Oh well, I've got the summer, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment