Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life with a two year old

Well, it has been nearly two years since I have written on a blog. I did so good with my old blog; journaling my pregnancy, Luke's early arrival, and the such. But, alas, life got in the way and the blog just kind of disappeared. Luke became a toddler, and as many of you know, alone time with a toddler in the house is scarce. But I am going to make a concerted effort to keep up this blog. This blog will mainly be used to journal life with my precious son Luke. He is 2 and I want to write down milestones (and funny things) throughout his toddler years. He has been saying and doing the FUNNIEST things and if I don't write them down, I will forget!! I have already forgotten so much!! :( I was diligent about writing in his baby book up to 14 or so months, and for that I am glad. But so much happens with him on a day to day basis that I just have felt the need to write it all down! For instance, as I am writing this, Luke is sitting in the office with me saying "I want 'round"....He wants me to spin him round and round on the office chair! So, in between typing sentences, I am spinning him around. I have to spin him hard, too, so he can spin several times around so I can get a thought out!! Like I said, life with a two year old.....
These moments with him are the best times of my life! I am really "loving life with luke" but that is not to say that life can't be difficult with this little man. All those things other moms tell you about the terrible two's are true. Every word. (what scares me the most is that they also tell me that the three's are even worse...!!!!) He is willful, playful, defiant, sweet, loving, angry, precious and caring all at the same time! Here are just a few of the highlights of this wonderful age with my sweet boy:

~ Luke turned two on September 26. He goes to daycare at Calvary while I work as a kindergarten teacher.

~He loves his school and his teacher! He calls his friends by their names (at least Luke's version of their names...).  There is the love of his life, Carsyn (Luke calls her Cah-son) - seriously, he is obsessed with her, Mason (L's version is Mah-shon),  Charlie (Car-lie), Michael (Mi-cul), Austin (Au-tin), Ashton (A-ton), and Camryn (Cam-in).

~He is talking, talking, talking! Some of the cutest things he says are: I yuh you (I love you), colyac mik (chocolate milk), I pix it (I fix it), canny (candy), nigh-nigh time, I wanna suuuuck (he draws out that last word! he is trying to say 'sucker' and it just comes out 'suck'....we gotta work on that...it just sounds bad! :) )

~He is at a point where we can actually talk back and forth in a conversation. I love it.

~He knows how to work my Iphone better than me. His favorite games are starfall and tozzle on the "pone".

~He is big!! Tall, big shoulders, big hands....he is wearing 3T in everything and is in an 8W or EW shoe depending on the brand. Not too shabby for a 3 pound preemie!

~He loves his extended family: his nonna, aunt 'chele, unck chris, gand-ma, goo-goo, may-may, mad-mad, unck 'teve, sham-sun (samson our dog), and go-go (so-jo our other dog).

~His favorite songs to sing are: The ABC's song (over, and over, and over, and over), the itsy bitsy spider, If You're Happy and You Know It, Jesus Loves Me, his blessing song and Ring around the Rosie.

~He loves CANDY!! Not chocolate, but hard candy like dum-dums, skittles, etc. He also hates to brush his teeth which makes for a bad combination.

~He is so smart! Seriously, he is very mechanically inclined (like his daddy) and he just amazes me with what he knows every day!!

~He loves books!! Especially the Llama, Llama books.

~He takes a breathing treatment each night before bed with is special dragon mask.

~**hanging head** He still takes a paci at night....I know, we need to break the habit. He has always called it a pap-pap and he must have at least 5 in the bed with him at all times.

I must end now. Mainly because my head is hurting trying to remember all this cute/fun/sweet stuff!! HA! No, really....I have to get the main character (and I do mean CHARACTER) of this blog into bed!! It's nigh-nigh time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment